A doctor’s order is not needed to provide non-medical care (personal care and companion / sitter) services. However, some companies like MediCrest Home Care, also provide skilled nursing and a doctor’s order is required for skilled care (see info on skilled nursing). Care for both skilled and non-medical can be provided for as long as you need it on an hourly, per visit or live-in basis.
Services are billed on a weekly basis and will bear the date, type of service, hours worked, daily cost and total cost. MediCrest Home Care accepts payment by credit cards, Paypal, cash and/or checks.
Medicaid Waiver Programs
Waiver programs provide individualized supports to assist people of all ages to live successfully in their home and community settings instead of institutions such as nursing homes or Intermediary Care Facility for the Mentally Retarded (ICF-MR) . Each program offers several “core” services:
- service coordination (help with managing care needs and services)
- personal support (assistance with daily living activities, i.e. bathing, dressing, meals and housekeeping)
- home health services (nursing, home health aide, and occupational, physical and speech therapy)
- emergency response systems
- respite care (caregiver relief)
MediCrest Home Care is a member of the following waiver programs:
- Community Care Services Program “(CCSP”)
- Independent Care Waiver Program “(ICWP”)
- Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (“SOURCE”)
Call us today for information on these or any other programs and we will be glad to assist you.
Long-Term Care Insurance
Long-term care insurance helps cover the cost of in-home care. MediCrest Home Care works with most long-term care insurance companies. We can bill the insurance company directly (“Assignment of Benefits”), or you can pay us and be reimbursed by the insurance company, whatever your preference.