Independent Care Waiver Program (“ICWP”)
Independent Care Waiver Program (“iCWP”)
ICWP offers services that help adult Medicaid members with physical disabilities live in their homes or community instead of a hospital or nursing home.
Applicants for this program must be between the ages of 21 and 64 at the time of enrollment and must have severe disability, suffering from debilitating chronic, degenerative disease and/or traumatic brain injury (“TBI”). Additional qualification requirement includes:
- The member must be capable of managing their own services (persons with TBI are not required to meet this criteria);
- Have a severe physical impairment or TBI that limits one or more activities of daily living and require the assistance of another person to carry out these daily activities. Examples: Bathing, grooming, eating, dressing, or other activities required for daily living;
- Be medically stable but at risk of long term care or hospital placement;
- Be safely placed in a home or community setting; and
- Ability to live independently.
Services provided for this program include:
- Case Management Services
- Personal support services
- Adult day health
- Home-care services
- Specialized medical equipment and supplies
- Home modifications
- Counseling services
If you believe you fit the above criteria, please give us a call today at (404) 946-3313 and we will begin the process for you.